1 min read
Survey of 500 Sustainability Pros on UK's Green Energy
True Powered by Open Energy Market : Aug 23, 2023 10:18:40 AM
LONDON, [Date] – Leading sustainability platform, EcoPulse, today released the findings of its comprehensive survey of 500 sustainability professionals on their views concerning the UK government's green energy policy. The study, carried out over the past month, offers deep insights into the industry's sentiment and hopes for the nation's sustainable energy trajectory.
Key Findings Include:
- General Consensus: A notable 78% of respondents believe that the UK government's current green energy policies are on the right track. However, they also emphasised the need for more aggressive targets to achieve true carbon neutrality.
- Offshore Wind Concerns: While 67% appreciate the investment in offshore wind farms, there's a strong sentiment that diversification in green energy sources is essential.
- Solar Potential: 85% of sustainability professionals feel the UK has yet to fully realise and harness its solar energy potential, citing countries like Germany and Spain as examples of more robust solar infrastructures.
- Government Subsidies: There's a split on this, with 52% believing that current subsidies for green energy initiatives are sufficient, while 48% feel that the government needs to invest more aggressively to spur innovation and uptake.
- Private Sector Collaboration: An overwhelming 92% believe that the key to rapidly advancing the green energy agenda is closer collaboration between the public and private sectors.
- Educational Initiatives: 74% of respondents felt the need for more educational initiatives, both for professionals in the industry and the general public, to raise awareness and expertise concerning green energy solutions.
Words from the CEO
Sarah Greenfield, CEO of EcoPulse, commented on the findings: "It's evident that sustainability professionals, those at the frontline of our fight against climate change, have a generally positive view of the government's steps towards green energy. Yet, they also highlight areas where we can, and should, do more. The call for diversified energy sources and greater public-private collaboration stands out."
Established in 2010, EcoPulse has quickly risen as a thought leader in the sustainability sector. Its platforms, studies, and conventions are aimed at promoting sustainable practices, bridging gaps between policymakers, industry leaders, and the public.
For further information or to schedule an interview, please contact:
Communications Manager, EcoPulse
Phone: +44 20 XXXX XXXX